The LSBHI would like to remind all LHI’s to stay safe and to continue using proper safety protocol. As previously emailed, please try to follow the guidelines below and be sure to follow the Mask Mandate issued by the Governor.
- notify agents and customers beforehand of your COVID-19 inspection protocol. Ask them the following questions:
- Are you having flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled to a high-risk area for transmission of COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 or who is being evaluated for COVID-19?
- have little to no contact with members of their business and the public
- close the home inspection office to the public
- work from home
- perform business electronically whenever possible, to prevent person to person contact via document and payment transfer.
- E-signed pre-inspection agreements
- Payments over the phone
- email reports
- allow no more than 10-persons present outside the house
- maintain proper social distancing outside the house
- not allow anyone in the house during the home inspection
- wear PPE (like but not limited to gloves, masks, shoe covers, disinfectant hand wipes, disinfectant spray and hand sanitizer) before entering the inside and touching doorknobs and interior components of the house to test functionality
- remove PPE and disinfect their hands and items used during the interior inspection; after finishing the interior portion of the inspection
The LSBHI’s primary objective is to protect the safety, health, property, and welfare of the general public. We are closely monitoring the Governor’s orders and guidance regarding this pandemic and will keep all the LHI’s informed as often as possible. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to email LSBHI@lsbhi.la.gov and we will do our best to get the answers you need.